“A painter paints pictures on canvas. But muscians paint their pictures on silence ~Leopold Stokowski

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shadow Creature Cont.

Published by Amy at 8:15 AM

It's been a while since I've updated.  Here's what's new:


I finished the shadow creature model last Sunday and used 3D Coat to retopologize the mesh.  3D Coat has an auto retopology function that uses manually created guides on the mesh to help with edge flow. For the most part, Auto-retopology works.  I ended up redoing the function about 10 times just to get a decent mesh I could work with.  I took the mesh into Maya and fixed what I could.  I found several tris and holes within the mesh, which were difficult to fix.  
Laura and I decided to use the lowest subdivided mesh from zbrush for the body, and the auto-retop creature's head.  Laura is finishing up the rig at the very moment I believe.  I will be creating most of the animations for the shadow creature.  I created some blend shapes that will be utilized in our animation as well.


Using guides in 3D coat
What beautiful geometry
Blend Shapes

0 comments:

Post a Comment